The 5 phases of the Client Process
Getting to Know Each Other
The goal of our initial meeting, which takes roughly 20 minutes, is to introduce ourselves to each other.
- We will listen to you to get an idea of your needs and values
- Explain who we are, giving you a brief background on Highlander along with our general investment philosophy
- If you want, we can even introduce you to our Mindful Finance technique for effective money conversations: Breathe, Feel, Speak. You can learn more about these techniques on our Podcast #6
- Explain the path to the next phase
Your Investment Strategy
During your second meeting with Highlander we’ll tell you more about our investment strategy and gain an in-depth understanding of your needs, resources and goals.
- We will assess your risk tolerance so we can propose a portfolio allocation
- We will give you access to the My Money Mandala assessment. A Mindful Finance assessment tool we created that brings awareness and intention to the habitual ways we interact with the financial aspect of our lives
- We will explain your investment options and how we can tailor them to your goals and values
- We will create a suggested initial allocation for you, and explain the path to the next phase
The Makings of a Portfolio
We will work together so that you are excited to move forward with your new portfolio.
- We will review the portfolio allocation to ensure that you are confident in our mutual intentions for your investments
- We will make adjustments as needed to give you a portfolio that both excites you and serves your needs, resources, and goals
- We will prepare paperwork for your account(s), and explain the path to the next phase
Welcome to Highlander
We will enter into a formal client-adviser relationship.
- We implement your investment portfolio
- We provide ongoing portfolio monitoring and management
- You have access to us for consulting and decision making support needs as life moves forward
- Mindful Finance becomes a part of your life